Charlotte Rampling — Albums secrets
Past: June 27 → August 26, 2012
The world has always surrounded Charlotte Rampling in an aura of mystery best reflected in her legendary eyes and their own enigmatic gaze on the world.She has left her mark on screen, stage and song and now Charlotte Rampling reveals the various and very personal aspects of a life-long interest in Photography.
For the work centered on her private life, Charlotte Rampling turns the pages of an album concentrated on early childhood and adolescence, a kind of hymn to life accompanied by glimpses that show her love of travel, particularly in the Far East, long before China became a popular destination.
As to the photographs she herself inspired, they have been gathered and exhibited together for the first time. They are by Cecil Beaton, Bettina Rheims, Helmut Newton, Alice Springs, Paolo Roversi, Peter Lindbergh, not to forget Pierre et Gilles. All of them contain their element of surprise and shock-Juergen Teller comes to mind… Lastly among the self-portraits selected from the Maison Européene collection, Charlotte Rampling has chosen those of Larry Clark, Ralph Gibson, Marie-Laure de Decker, Duane Michals… An original score in the form of a musical installation has been especially composed for this exhibition by Jean Michel Jarre.
5-7, rue de Fourcy
T. 01 44 78 75 00 — F. 01 44 78 75 15
Wednesday – Sunday, 11 AM – 8 PM
Full rate €8.00 — Concessions €4,50
Gratuit aux moins de 8 ans, personne handicapée, personnel de la Ville, carte presse et les mercredis entre 17 et 20h
- Claude Lévêque — Un instant de rêve Ends in 29 days
- Images et musique — Une collection d’Actes Sud Ends in 29 days
- André Morain — Photographies 1961-2012 Ends in 29 days
- Atsunobu Kohira — Ouverture de Bombyx Mori Ends in 29 days
- Philippe Favier — Noir ... Ends in 29 days
- Stéphane Hette — Art of Butterfly Ends in 29 days
- Gustavo Speridião — Géométrie, Montage, Équilibrage — Photos et Vidéos Ends in 29 days